Chanel Mirabella, Eastern Light, Pink Tonic, Tutti Frutti, and Sweet Lilac Swatches and Review

Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Chanel Summer 2014 Collection consists of 4 brand new nail color shades and 1 repromote (Eastern Light) from last year.



As a Chanel fan, I had to grab all the colors the minute I saw them at my local counters.  From promotional images, I thought all of them are solid shades without any shimmers.  I was pleasantly surprised and happy to find that 3 out of the 5 have Chanel's signature subtle shimmers.

Tutti Fruti is a coral pink with gold shimmers
Sweet Lilac is a lovely lilac with pink/lilac shimmers
Pink Tonic is a fuchsia pink with pink/fuchsia shimmers


In bright sunlight, you can see the shimmers much better in the bottle.  Pink Tonic's shimmers are close to the color itself so it's not as apparent compared to Tutti Frutti and Sweet Lilac


Mirabella and Eastern Light both do not have any shimmers.


Swatches of all 5 shades on nail wheel in bright sunlight:


Swatches indoor:


Despite the gorgeous shimmers in the bottle, they sadly do not translate as well on the nails.  However, if you look really closely on your nails in the sun, you can see it.


All of the shades need only 2 coats to be fully opaque and are beautiful colors for summer. The formula is excellent with the exception of Eastern Light, which is slightly thicker than the rest.



Overall, I am loving Chanel's Summer Collection nail shades.  I have similar but no exact dupes for any of the colors.  I usually steer away from bright, bold shades but I think these have won me over.  Mirabella is normally not a shade I'd wear but it has just the right amount of orange to make it wearable.  Pink Tonic is not close to Suspicious, which pulls much cooler on my skin tone.  Sweet Lilac is also another extremely wearable shade that isn't too pastel like most typical lilac nail polishes.  Tutti Frutti is a beauty both on the hands and toes.  Eastern Light was previously released in a limited Asia Collection for $30 so I'm not thrilled that it's coming back again but at a lower price point. This is a "love it" or "hate it" type of shade. It is a glossy white that does require careful application so that it doesn't get too thick or "goopy" on the hands.

Must haves: Tutti Frutti, Sweet Lilac
Nice to have: Pink Tonic, Mirabella

These are all limited edition so grab them quick before they disappear.  You can find them at Nordstrom, Macy's, Neiman Marcus, Bloomingdales, Saks Fifth Avenue

5 comments:

4premiere said...

So stunning colours:) I am waiting for them in uk:)

Patricia said...

Wow!!! These are def very pretty nail polishes. I will def gonna check on them.

Anonymous said...

Is mirabella easy to apply or is it slightly thick?
It strikes me as a cool orange, which is a rare thing for an orange shade...
I loved it

Anonymous said...

Is Mirabella easy to apply? Or is it slightly thicker than the others?
I absolutely adored it. It strikes me as a cool orange, which is a contradiction in terms for orange...
Thank you for the info

Kristie said...

@anonymous - Hi. Mirabella is easy to apply. The formula is great. Eastern Light is the only shade that is slightly thicker. You will love Mirabella!

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting and commenting. I love hearing from all of you. In order to keep the site spam free, please DO NOT add links of your website in the comment. It is considered spam and will not be published. Thanks!