Chanel Ambre Dore Eyeliner Swatches and Review

Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Ambre Dore Stylo Yeux Waterproof Eyeliner is a new release from Chanel's Summer Collection, along with 3 Illusion D'Ombre Eyeshadows (swatches and review here). At first, I wasn't interested in checking this out, but after seeing it, I fell head over heels with this gorgeous color.


The Stylo Yeux eyelien comes in a twisted pencil with a small sharpener at the end. I am very fond of this formula. It glides on easily and lasts all day long. 



Ambre Dore is an unexpectedly beautiful warm gold that instantly brightens up the eyes when I use it to line my lower lashes. It is not glittery at all, just a nice touch of shimmer.


I think this shade will be flattering for light to medium skintones.  I don't have any similar shades in my collection so it is definitely a nice addition.

 
Overall, I think Ambre Dore is a sleeper hit in Chanel's Summer Collection.  The texture and pigmentation are superb.  This can be used with Mirage Illusion D'Ombre or by itself in the corner of the eyes as a highlight. The shade doesn't lean too coppery or gold so I think it'll be beautiful on all skintones. I highly recommend checking this out.  I think if there's one must-have item from this collection, Ambre Dore is it.

What are your thoughts of Ambre Dore? Do you have similar shades in your collection?

4 comments:

makeup magpie said...

Beautiful photos! Ambre Dore is a great shade. I ordered one - I love to use soft metallic bronze shades like these on the lower lashline.

Sharlynn Ng said...

I think that shade would be beautiful for anyone! It think its the ideal shimmery bronze! Would totally use it as an eyeliner or a quick shadow!

Jacqueline said...

There is quite a number of things I want from this collection and this is one of them. Thanks for your enabling swatches :)

Estetik Cerrah said...

Thanks for this useful blog...

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting and commenting. I love hearing from all of you. In order to keep the site spam free, please DO NOT add links of your website in the comment. It is considered spam and will not be published. Thanks!