Guerlain Maxi Shine Gloss d'Enfer Lip Gloss Swatches and Review

Saturday, April 20, 2013

Besides 10 new nail lacquer shades (review here), Guerlain also released 20 brand new Maxi Shine Lip Glosses. The glosses all retail for $30USD and are currently available at Nordstrom. I was very excited to check these out in person as I've heard great reviews on them.  Let's just say once I got to the counter, I couldn't help but take pictures of everything to share with you.  Hang on tight, it's going to be a picture-heavy post!


The shades range from pale beige with no shimmers to bold red/fuchsia with high impact shimmers.  There is something for everyone with these 18 colors.


Here you can see the visible shimmers in 440 in comparison to subtle shimmers in 461 and no shimmers in 420 or 401.


Swatches from top to Bottom (Praline Plop, Coral Wizz, Rose Splatch, Pink Clip, Rouge Shebam)


For those who love brighter, bolder shades, 465-471 are for you.


469 is super shimmery whereas 470 and 471 have little to no shimmers.


Swatches (Candy Strip, Magneta Waouh, Fuchsia Ding, Bubble Gum):

 
If you love bold orange shades, 441 is pretty amazing. 


This image shows the cool purple shimmers in 403 and how glittery 421 really looks:


Swatches (Tangerine Vlam, Gold Tchlack, Browny Clap, Brun Buzz, Red Pow):


For high impact shimmer, 467 and 466 are packed with the extra oomph! 462 and 463 are much more subtle.


Look at all that shimmer!


Swatches (Rosy Bang, La Petite Robe Noir, Cherry Swing, Dragee Bomp, Guimauve Vlop)


Overall, Guerlain Maxi Shine Lip Glosses get a thumbs up from me. The texture is simply divine. They feel like soft butter on the lips and have a light floral scent that quickly dissipates upon application.  I would compare these to Chanel's Aqualumiere texture + Burberry's pigmentation and scent.  As expected, the lighter shades are paler on the lips and the bold, glittery shades add an extra oomph.  The collection will cater to those who love shimmery lipglosses as well as those who prefer subtle or no shimmers.

I highly recommend checking these out at your local counters.  I took home Bubble Gum (465) since it is a flattering MLBB soft pink with subtle shimmers. I may go back for Rouge Shabam since I absolutely love the texture and formula!

Have you tried these out yet? What are your thoughts?

6 comments:

Dovey said...

What a fun post! I probably wouldn't have gotten around to seeing these for quite some time, so it was great to see the Guerlain glosses here! I can't get over how bright some of them are--- like #469!

Jacqueline said...

Hi there! I'm just waiting for the Terra Ora collection to how up. Can't wait to see the Loose Powder eye shadows. Thanks for the useful swatches, thankfully I'm not into lipglosses whew!

Replica said...

Thanks for the great swatches, I'll have to pick up some of these :)

aucupariabrumalis said...

Guerlain is my fav makeup brand ever, can't wait to get my hands on this beautiful collection! great swatches / CLaire xxx

LipGlossGossip said...

Wow these look gorgeous! So many shades to choose from! Will have to check them out in person! I just bought 3 Guerlain lipsticks recently and love them!! :)

Indigo said...

This looks like a must-have for me! The hard part will be choosing the colours! LOL Thank you for your very useful review and swatches. :) I wonder when these will arrive in Australia...

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting and commenting. I love hearing from all of you. In order to keep the site spam free, please DO NOT add links of your website in the comment. It is considered spam and will not be published. Thanks!