Abreva Conceal Invisible Cold Sore Patch Review

Sunday, November 4, 2012


As the cold winter rolls around, one of my biggest fears besides dry flaky skin is red, painful cold sores.  I have had my share of cold sores throughout the years so every time I feel an itch on my lips, I break out in cold sweats.  Cold sores are not fun. In fact, they're down right awful.  It starts with an itch, followed by a giant swollen bump on the lips.  They are also really difficult to conceal because they are big and flaky.  Luckily, Abreva just came out with a brand new product, the Abreva Conceal to help cover and conceal these hideous beasts!


Abreva's Conceal Invisible Cold Sore Patch contains 6 individually wrapped, non-medicated bandages.  You can find this at your local drugstore aisles.



Very detailed and clear instructions are printed on the back of the packaging.

 

The first steps are to wash your face with a mild soap, and use a fresh towel to pat your cold sore and the neighboring area dry.  Open Conceal packaging and remove the contents inside.


Peel back the paper tab marked in red with the number “1” (avoid touching the sticky part underneath by holding on to the small rectangular tab).


Continue to hold the rectangular tab and peel back the other paper tab, marked in blue with the number “2”.


What you end up with is something that looks like a tiny ping pong racket! The sticky side is white so you should see the blue circle facing you instead. Since I don't have a cold sore right now, I will illustrate the instructions on a red blemish instead.  I decided to do this on my arm because it is easier to photograph and allows me to provide you with clear, detailed images.  However, please note that Abreva Conceal is not meant for blemishes. It is a clear non-medicated patch that conceals your cold sore and enables you to apply makeup on top, lasting up to 8 hours.


While looking in a mirror, place the round patch over the cold sore.


Press down lightly on the center of the patch and hold the patch in place for 15-20 seconds to make sure it sticks to on top of your cold sore.


Gently pull away the applicator tab, at a slight angle away from your face. Voila! Conceal is in place. What you will have is a light and transparent patch over your cold sore.


Apply makeup on top of Conceal to ensure that the cold sore blends in with the rest of your lips.


Although I do not have a cold sore right now (*knock on wood*) , I did try Abreva Conceal on my lips.  I have to say this product is light although you will feel that something is there. Due to the reflective property of the product, it may be somewhat visible under bright light. However, at a far distance, the conceal is more subtle. The advantage of Abreva Conceal is that it is a clean, non-medicated patch for cold sores that allows air in, yet protective enough to keep contaminants out.


Disclosure: Compensation was provided by Abreva via Glam Media. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of Abreva.

4 comments:

GirlieBlogger@Beauty Fashion Blog Seattle said...

Hmmmm...this is a cool concept. I don't have cold sores, but I can see how this will be popular for many girls.

Alice said...

Great way to conceal them :)

Rola said...

I haven't tried this patch, but I tried the Compeed patch recently. After wearing it for one day, my cold sore subsided and almost healed completely. I was amazed! But it was not completely invisible even with makeup covering it.

Anonymous said...

I saw commercial for these bandaids and decided to use when I had a cold sore on my nose and was very disappointed. Did not know until after I purchased that they were non medicated. I just assumed especially for the price of $18.00that they were AT LEAST medicated with abreva treatment. Are you kidding me!!! For a piece of sticky plastic. Got me this time.

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting and commenting. I love hearing from all of you. In order to keep the site spam free, please DO NOT add links of your website in the comment. It is considered spam and will not be published. Thanks!