Chanel Holiday 2012 Collection Swatches and Review

Sunday, October 21, 2012

The Chanel Holiday 2012 Collection is very slowly making its way onto selected Chanel counters.  I was super excited to see the items in person this weekend. Unlike other holiday collection, I feel that this one has a smaller offering of products in comparison.  I really wanted to take pictures of the items but didn't have the opportunity to do so. However, I do have some swatches to share with you!


There are 3 glossimers in the collection - Allegorie, Intrigue, and Mystery.
Allegorie is a light baby pink with subtle shimmers.  It is not as light or sheer as I had expected.
Intrigue is a red-brown with no shimmers.  This is a great shade with a punch of color.
Mystery is a rosewood with no shimmers. It reminds me a little bit of Chanel's Insolence Extrait De Gloss
 
L'Impatiente is a Rouge Allure Velvet. If you love vampy lipsticks, this shade will leave a beautiful burgundy, deep wine stain.


Apparence Illusion D'Ombre is a sheer gold eyeshadow. You will need to do some layering for the color to be more intense.


For those who skipped on Topkapi, Harmonie du Soir Eyeshadow Quad is your second chance to try out Chanel's best eyeshadow texture. It is buttery smooth, beautifully pigmented, and is simply a dream to work with. The quad includes a soft gold, brown-taupe, berry, and baby pink shade. I was head over heels with the light baby pink shade.

Star Dust Joues Contraste is a rose pink with visible sparkles.  I think of it as a shimmery version of Rose Ecrin.


There is also a nail varnish in Malice, a deep dark red with shimmers. This looks darker on the nails than I had expected.  I think with 3 layers, it leans a tad vampy as well.

Overall, the collection is small with a beautiful offering of products.  I really like both Intrigue and Mystery Glossimers.  I'm glad Chanel is finally bringing back pigmented glossimer shades! The eyeshadow quad's texture is simply amazing but the shades may not work for everyone.  Star Dust is beautiful but those afraid of visible sparkles may want to try it out in person. I find Apparence too sheer compared to shades from the permanent collection. I wasn't particularly blown away by any of the products but the quality of this collection is excellent regardless of which items you pick.

My Picks: Intrigue, Mystery, Malice, Harmonie du Soir

What's on your purchase list? Which item is a must-have for you?

6 comments:

Resham said...

Mystery looks pretty... I doubt how much it would show on my lips though... The eye shadow is lovely too...

Jacqueline said...

Kristie, thanks for the amazing swatches. My MA says that the collection is in stores and I'll be hopefully going down this Friday to check them out. My wish list is Apparence, Harmonie du soir and perhaps Star Dust. I must see them for myself. :)

Shadowy Lady said...

I have the quad on hold for me to pick up when this is released in Canada. Now I think I may need the two pink glossimers too :/

Thank you for your review :)

bengbeng said...

Star Dust is a must have for me and I guess I'll be not walking, but RUNNING to get one next week!
These elegant collections only get sold in the Harvey Nichols counter in my town, which has just opened the one and only Tom Ford counter in the whole country and with all the crazy taxes here, I will be praying on my way to not get tempted to any thing from that brand lol

But Star Dust? It is a real must have for me! And will be the first Chanel make up product I've ever purchased! (out of 2 nail polishes)

Emily Lim said...

OMG!!! I super love the shades of the eyeshadow. They all look light and natural. I usually prefer shimmering shades so these are perfect for me. Can't wait to have those especially the star dust.

Kenderasia said...

I bought l'Impatiente and it is a gorgeous colour but the lasting power is so-so

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting and commenting. I love hearing from all of you. In order to keep the site spam free, please DO NOT add links of your website in the comment. It is considered spam and will not be published. Thanks!