Clarins Extra Firming Foundation SPF 15 Review

Thursday, December 2, 2010

Clarins introduces the new Extra Firming Foundation SPF 15 retailing for $42USD.  It is available on the Clarins website with additional information.  There are a total of 9 shades in the range starting with 104 Cream as the lightest shade and 114 Cappucino as the darkest. This foundation is advertised as a "new-generation formula boosted with skin-tightening ingredients and SPF benefits. This rich, comfortable foundation combines two new and powerful plant ingredients with age-control properties. The complexion is smoother, more radiant and appears more even-toned".


Similar to all Clarins products, the foundation comes in a red package with gold letters. Inside the package is a frosty glass jar with a beige pump.  I love Clarins' attention to detail with the small C logo on the side of the cap as well as the red accent inside the top of it.  This is consistent with Clarins' red and gold color theme.




To dispense the product,  simply twist the pump clockwise to open and counterclockwise to lock.  The locking mechanism is perfect for traveling purposes.


Here are the ingredients listed on the outside box. 


The color I received to share with you is 110 Honey, which fits rather well for my NC25-30 skin tone.  It is yellow based, but is a tad lighter compared to my neck.  The foundation has a pleasant fragrance but doesn't linger after application.  It has a liquid consistency that glides on effortlessly, not tacky or overly creamy.  I also like the included SPF15 to help with sun protection.


After blending the foundation completely into the skin, you can see from the picture below an idea of the coverage.   I usually use 1 pump for sheer coverage and 2 for medium.  It does a good job to even the skin (redness, dark circles) and provide medium coverage for light acne scars.  For those with very dark pigmentation, I would recommend using a concealer if you want heavier coverage.  I find the best result is by using MAC's 109 brush or a flat foundation brush.. This foundation does cover more compared to Burberry's Sheer Fluid Foundation and Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer.

Overall, I really enjoy using this foundation on days when I need a little bit more coverage.  It feels incredibly light and comfortable on the skin.  It doesn't accentuate dry patches or separate midday.  I've actually used it for long work days (9-11 hrs) as well as wedding events. Although I can't comment on the firming claim, I can tell you it does feel like a beautiful 2nd layer of skin as shown from the swatch.  Those with oily skin will need to set the foundation with a powder to control the T-zones. I can definitely see greasy foreheads with this since it provides a slightly dewy finish. Also, if you are acne-prone, please be sure to have a good makeup remover when using this foundation due to the long lasting wear time. I do recommend checking out this foundation at your local Clarins counters.

Disclosure: This post contains samples provided by PR for consideration.  This does not alter the opinion or views of the blog owner. If you're not sure what this means, please visit the Disclosure policy listed here.

Have you tried Clarins Extra Firming Foundation? What is your trustworthy long lasting, good coverage foundation?

6 comments:

Tammy said...

Looks like a great foundation! I really like light-weight foundations too :)

the Honey B said...

everything you post makes me want to buy it! i want this and i dont even wear foundation!

coffretgorge said...

this sounds like a good foundation to try, although im on a ban with foundations until i finally finish one. LOL

LOL at the Honey B^^ i feel that way too! and most of the time, I do buy the stuff you review kristie! hahaha :P

MUA said...

I second all comments before:
-you make me want to buy things ...really badly
-I am on a ban for foundations from now on...
-I adore Clarins (my favorite high end brand...)

Caro x

Kristie said...

Tammy - yep, it is very light weight!

the Honey B - hahah oops. I should make posts of things I don't like so much next time so I won't tempt you ;)

coffretgorge - I hope the ones you bought were satisfactory, Georgina!

MUA - foundation ban? haha. Which foundation are you using now?

Anonymous said...

i could not find anywhere full list of ingredients, thank you that you have provided it. Just went through it with help of ewg.org/skindeep and found out that there ar 10 ingredients of moderate hazard an 1 of high hazard. I have used this product for a year, i can not say anything bad, but next time i ll need to buy it i ll choose something more natural.

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting and commenting. I love hearing from all of you. In order to keep the site spam free, please DO NOT add links of your website in the comment. It is considered spam and will not be published. Thanks!